Sunday 9 March 2014

A Pretty Special Layout

As a child, and an adult, I was fortunate to have really fantastic parents :)  When I was born they were a little older than the norm back then.  Unfortunately this meant that all my grandparents apart from my Nana had already passed away.  We lived a relatively long way from my Nana so I didn't see her  much, maybe once a year if that. Anyway recently I posted a photo on facebook of some of my cousin and myself at Nana's 80th, it kind of snowballed and there were lots of cousins I hadn't seen since that night being tagged in it.  This led to a facebook group being started for the family and lots of awesome photos being posted, which I have now saved.  One of the photos was a photo of my Pop, who is my mums Dad.
I decided to make a layout with it, it is not a heritage layout and I have used fairly modern papers but I think they match the photo.  I have also put some hidden journalling behind the photo that is personal to me.

I am stoked with how it has turned out  and again - I love the photo so much.
Supplies are.....
Studio Calico papers
Amy Tangerine paper
Scraptastic Stamp
Zing embossing powder
Versamark
Distress Ink
Foam applicator
Scotch Adhesive Gun
Criicut Personal cutter
Opposites Attract Cricut Cartridge

Thanks for dropping by :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Louise
    Love the photo and what you have done with it. He was a very special man, although like you we did not get to see our grandparents as much as we would have liked, I had a very special bond with grandad and loved him very much.
    A great thing you did posting that picture and bringing our family together, thank you so much for that.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! I love the camera theme and the great photo!

    ReplyDelete

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...